My Photo
Name:
Location: bombay, India

Son of a soldier, I was born in Sultanganj in Bhagalpur district, Bihar. My childhood days were spent in an earthy rural life. I was deeply inspired by the rich folk culture of Buddha’s own land, Bihar. Right from the beginning, I Grew up with real images of Melas, Ramleelas, Bahuripiyas, incredible rituals, strong religious milieu and the vibrant Mithila Art. Natural calamities like flood and drought gifted unforgettable images. Changing seasons of rural life on the bank of river Ganga matured into a sense of poetry and language. Wonder years passed chasing steam trains that passed through the fields of my native village. Listening to radio programs made for defense personals was my only window to the outside world. With such a treasure of inspirational experiences a story teller evolved. I am a practicing film maker in Bombay today.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

celebrating weekend with BOLLY-BLOGGING

BLOGGERS MEET DIRECTOR

This event kept a lot of buzz on,through the entire month...
It was an exciting and a much awaited weekend for me.Enjoyed reading the reviews that kept comming one after another all through the day.

I have always wanted to make an Oscar style speech. This is it.

Thank you Michael for considering my request to review my film and to initiate this event and make it successful. I am honored and feeling very special. This is a unique event of its own kind in Blogging , and this first effort and initiative of yours in ‘Bolly-blogging’ has opened a new chapter in Bollywood film reviews.

Ten international reviews from such prolific avid bloggers can be a dream chapter in any film’s biography, and a huge learning experience for a debut director like me.
Oh I have to read them all again and again and again…

This event is going to be with me for a long time, and I will never forget the joy and honour I have received from it, it’s like being in an international film festival.

Thank you beth , Babasko , Filmiholic , Kaddele , Marco , Maria , Mirie , oliver , and ''totally basmatic'' .

I will respond to all the film reviews individually, and try and answer all the questions asked to me.
I am going to share this joy with all my cast and crew of the film, it’s a special event equally for everyone.
On this special occasion I would like to take permission from all the participants to publish their reviews with due respect and reference on ‘PRAAN JAYE PAR SHAAN NA JAYE’
blog.

[Oh…I can hear Oscar award winning background score music from music-pit ]

Thank you all and cheers,
Happy blogging
jhaji.

23 Comments:

Blogger Reeta Skeeter said...

lol.... nice oscar style speech... it feels so nice to see people view/read ur work.. aint it?

and btw hv u ever been to Esquare Pune?? It has a big oscar trophy replica and a bif filmfare maiden replica... I still have to go bk to pune and pose their for a pic :P

As far as u r concerned... who knows u might just get a real one sumday :)


Happy Blogging....

1:06 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste,
its interesting information,
whenever i visit poona next,will try and visit the place,
do try and write your views about the event...
cheers.
jhaji.

PS-thank you for wishing me luck.

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Namaste Sanjay!

Thanks for your nice words and I'm looking forward to your individual responses.

Off course you have my permission to publish my review on your PJPSNJ-blog.

Hope to hear from you soon,

regards,


--Oliver

4:41 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste
oliver,thank you for such warm response,cant get through the excitement...
have lots to share and looking forward to much more...
cheers,
jhaji.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

Jhaji,

I am late, but I do remember the promise for sure!! And I shall make it up to u....

Have been caught up in a whirlwind of activities; thats all....
:)

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Namaste Sanjay,

Thanks for your enthusiastic support of the project. It was a fun and valuable endeavor.

Of course you have my permission to publish the review on your blog. Since I own a traditional website, not a blog, I cannot offer a direct feedback option and therefore am dependant on participating in the discussions in one of the involved blogs.

Cheers from Switzerland,
Marco

12:44 PM  
Blogger babasko said...

namaste Jhaji,

well done oscar speech, thank you for the kind words. can´t wait to read your remarks to our reviews :-)

like oliver, of cause you can also post my review here.

regards
barbara (babasko)

1:43 PM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste,

+++ vellu +++

thank you and yes i am waiting for your review,it would be interesting to see my film with your perspective,it will be very encouraging and a learning process...
cheers,
jhaji.

*** marco ***
its a very interesting process,thank you for making it sucessful,i would reply to all your questions and my feelings for the reviews,i am taking time...
i am slow...lol.
i have a kind request is it possible to get a english translation of your first review please.
cheers,
regards.
jhaji.

1:25 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste babasko,
thank you for so much of encouragement,yes i haven't got over the experience yet...
its the best festival gift to me from you all,
cheers.
jhaji.

1:32 AM  
Blogger SPM said...

Hey Sanjay:
Nice to discover your blog. Imagine, reaching you via Beth's and then the German bollywood blog site!! After having spent 4-5 days together at the scriptwriting workshop at Noida, to lose contact and find you again, via the blog is an amazing coincidence.

I was mentioning to Harminder last week (she was in Delhi) that when she is back, if time permits, lets catch up over dinner - you, she, and any other friends that we can get together! What say, Directorji??

Wish you all the best for this film.

4:16 AM  
Blogger All Is Whole said...

Hey are you a movie maker???
Great...and also i feel proud when i saw logo of Kendriya Vidyalaya , me too from KV class 1 to 12.

And Congrats......

12:14 AM  
Blogger --Sunrise-- said...

cool... I am yet to see the film... I have read most of the reviews, too...

Happy blogging...

4:21 PM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste

+++SPM/sanjay+++
thank you for the compliments.meeting old friends through blog is another wonderful gift of blogging...
will keep in touch,cheers.
jhaji.

,,,prashant,,,
my *kendriya vidyalaya* days are what i am today...
welcome to my blog,keep dropping.
thank you,
jhaji.

***sunrise***
subhprabhatam...lol.
cheers,
jhaji.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Boss
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.NEW THINGS NEW FRNDS...

12:53 AM  
Blogger Neer said...

thank you, sanjay!! :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

Jhaji,

I Got to see DON yday!!
:(((

7:35 PM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste anupam
thank you for visiting
keep dropping
cheers
jhaji.

7:59 PM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

you are welcome neers
keep dropping
cheers
jhaji.


***velu***
loved your honest review as ever
cheers
keep moving
jhaji

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great speech *stilllaughing* :D

7:19 AM  
Blogger The Exinator said...

oh my gawd! it actually took me a while to figure out that this is the real sanjay jha blogging out here. You know sir I though that Sanjay Chell had made PJPSNJ and then I realize what an idiot I am. Was a nice movie, enjoyable lol. I liked Sachin Khedekar and Mahesh Manjrekar.

I'm also a wannabe film maker and still in school (12th std). Will pass out this year. www.muviegeek.blogspot.com is my blog on Bollywood.

Btw, post-Strings (havent seen it yet so cant comment) have u thought of making a thriller as of yet?

my love n good wishes for u sir.

3:57 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste maini and thank you.
cheers
jhaji.

7:04 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste
happy bolly blogging.
all the best for your future endeavour,
cheers
jhaji.

PS-thank you for linking me.
you are there in 'jhaji's BLOGYWOOD'

7:30 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste and thank you b2b
cheers
keep dropping in
jhaji.

PS-link me if you can.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home