My Photo
Name:
Location: bombay, India

Son of a soldier, I was born in Sultanganj in Bhagalpur district, Bihar. My childhood days were spent in an earthy rural life. I was deeply inspired by the rich folk culture of Buddha’s own land, Bihar. Right from the beginning, I Grew up with real images of Melas, Ramleelas, Bahuripiyas, incredible rituals, strong religious milieu and the vibrant Mithila Art. Natural calamities like flood and drought gifted unforgettable images. Changing seasons of rural life on the bank of river Ganga matured into a sense of poetry and language. Wonder years passed chasing steam trains that passed through the fields of my native village. Listening to radio programs made for defense personals was my only window to the outside world. With such a treasure of inspirational experiences a story teller evolved. I am a practicing film maker in Bombay today.

Saturday, August 12, 2006




Kerala - Thiruvananthapuram

Weeklong film festival begins
Staff Reporter

Baby releases festival book, copy handed over to Sanjay Jha.

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Watching new films is like exploring new continents, Minister for Culture M.A. Baby has said.
He was speaking after inaugurating the 11th Trivandrum International Film Festival (TIFF), organised by Chalachitra, in the city on Friday.

"A director wields the camera like a writer uses his pen," the Minister said. There is no art form in the world that cannot be manifested through films. Film is the art form of this century, Mr. Baby said, referring to the famous saying of the Russian leader Lenin.
"It will take several days to finish reading a good book. But a good cinema unveils a world of fantasy before the audience in just two hours," he said.
The Minister later released the festival book by handing over a copy to Sanjay Jha, director of `Strings,' a travelogue love story.
Director T.V. Chandran, who presided over the function, said the quality of Malayalam film had been deteriorating over the years. "Though the popular perception is that conducting international film festivals will benefit regional films, the concept is inversely true of Malayalam films," he said.
Architect G. Shankar, who recently won the `man of the year award' instituted by a private television channel, was felicitated on the occasion.
The inaugural function was followed by the screening of the Steven Spielberg movie `Munich.'
The weeklong festival will conclude on August 3.

http://www.topix.net/in/trivandrum

http://www.thehindu.com/2006/07/29/
stories/2006072923350300.htm

5 Comments:

Blogger Manfred,von Pirmasens said...

thank you for visiting my blog...the one in german
I am not in the movie business but my Daughter is...
i-Katharen.com

she makes movies and shorts in Florida
or google
Katharine Leis, you will find 140000 references

9:00 PM  
Blogger Manfred,von Pirmasens said...

should be
i-Katharine.com

9:01 PM  
Blogger J said...

Just saw your comment on my blog, and took a look at your profile. Are you the same Sanjay who has made "Strings"? Amazing that a film-maker has read my blog and liked it. And what a coincidence, I am a Jha too :) I work in the US. Being a hindi movie buff, I ll make sure I watch your movie.
If I were in Mumbai, I would have definitely requested you to audition me [;)], given that I also have some histrionics skills :)

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very best site

5:50 PM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

nameste comuterji
thank you
cheers
jhaji.

PS-are you 'the computerji' of KBC...lol.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home