My Photo
Name:
Location: bombay, India

Son of a soldier, I was born in Sultanganj in Bhagalpur district, Bihar. My childhood days were spent in an earthy rural life. I was deeply inspired by the rich folk culture of Buddha’s own land, Bihar. Right from the beginning, I Grew up with real images of Melas, Ramleelas, Bahuripiyas, incredible rituals, strong religious milieu and the vibrant Mithila Art. Natural calamities like flood and drought gifted unforgettable images. Changing seasons of rural life on the bank of river Ganga matured into a sense of poetry and language. Wonder years passed chasing steam trains that passed through the fields of my native village. Listening to radio programs made for defense personals was my only window to the outside world. With such a treasure of inspirational experiences a story teller evolved. I am a practicing film maker in Bombay today.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

PIL against use of "Om"

Friday, July 14, 2006 Subscribe to Newsletter Allahabad (UNI):

Allahabad High Court asked Uttar Pradesh government, Central Censor Board and others to file a counter affidavit within 10 days in a PIL seeking stay on the exhibition of a film titled Strings.
The petitioner claims in this film the pious word 'Om' had been misused and it hurt the sentiment of crores of Hindus. A division bench comprising Justices S R Alam and Sudhir Agrawal yesterday, however, did not grant relief to the petitioner so far as stay on the exhibition of the film was concerned.
The PIL has been filed by Swami Angad Giri of Allahabad. He said the film was being released today. The court also issued notices to film producer Mathew Varghese, director Sanjay Jha and Zubeen Garg in this case to file their reply.

http://stringsmovie.blogspot.com/

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/movies/
bollywood/news/strings-140706.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Ballerina said...

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your comment on my blog:)Unfortunately, I didn't see it earlier than today. But that said, I did hear about your movie and did want to watch it too. Haven't been able to as yet. Good luck for your forthcoming projects...

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home